Tsum Tsum | Marie and Dumbo


 So I didn't post this entry that "weekend" I was supposed to but this term is starting to finally pick up! Better late than never right? :) As promised, this post will be all about Marie and the 'unannounced tsum tsum' which is Dumbo!


I remember instantly falling in love with The Aristocats when I first saw it as a child. And when I saw that Disney made Marie into a tsum tsum, I squealed at how adorable she looked!

A photo posted by 🍉 helenmelonhead (@thehelenphung) on
Apparently quite a few of you agree with me on how cute she is :) I'm thinking about applying a bit more blush sooner or later so it's more noticeable. And finally, I'm getting the hand of embroidering! I was quite proud with myself when I finished with Marie's face.


What you can't see in the instagram photo is how I attached a fluffy tail for Marie as seen above. There's also a better view of her collar.


Here's the bottom view. The collar was simply made of a row of single crochets, where the ends were joined together. Pretty easy~


Anyone else remember bawling their eyes out when they watched Dumbo? `Cause I know I did! That movie was just a train ride of feels. Out of all the tsum tsums I've crocheted so far, Dumbo has a real soft spot in my heart. I also love elephants, and am so pleased with how the ears turned out!


I had some pink chiffon fabric laying in my stash, and I finally decided to put it to good use (seeing as it has been sitting in my collection for years collecting dust). Thankfully, I didn't have a lot of issues with the fabric fraying. On a different note, I am so in love with his little yellow hat! It definitely put the whole look together :)


Here's a much better view of Dumbo's tusk and tail. I would like to mention that crocheting an elephant's tusk is hard... It's my second time around, and I still had some trouble with it. For the collar, I did the same thing for Marie, a row of single crochets with the ends joined together. I also weaved in a yellow yarn, to match Dumbo's actual collar.


The joint collar looks a bit meh here, but not huge enough of a problemo to bother me... It's good enough haha


After working on four tsum tsums, I'm totally getting the hang of it! And I'm glad that they're all turning out to be about the same size. What I'm beginning to find out is even though the tsum tsums have the same basic starting point, once I get to the character's details is where the challenge starts. I've started on a few other ones, and I will admit I'm having problems...... But nothing I can't overcome and the end product will be so worth it! :)

I have already released a new tsum tsum on my instagram, and another one be revealed this upcoming Friday! :D Now this one, I seriously cannot wait to share with you all.



... So when I uploaded the photos onto my blogger account for this post, I noticed that it made my photos have a darker tint to it? WTF. I was wondering why my previous post's photos looked so dark to me compared to when I was editting them... From now on, I'll upload the photos onto my private tumblr account to keep the original quality. Or until I find a better image server.....

8 comments:

  1. Do you sell crochet pattern for these? because I would be willing to pay money for the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ I agree, I'd love to have a pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also agree, I would love a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Do you have a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  5. can we have the patterns for these? these are too cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has anyone received a reply regarding your requests for the Dumbo pattern?
    I am also interested.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love them :)

    Can i have the pattern ?

    ReplyDelete