Tsum Tsum | Crochet Project for 2015



First off, I want to admit that I barely did any crocheting in 2014 and I wanted to change that this year. So I posted this on instagram, and announced my project for 2015! :D


Since then I've posted two other tsum tsums! If you want to keep up with the latest updates and such, make sure to follow me on instagram :)


The first among my tsum tsum amigurumi collection is Donald Duck! He was my "guinea pig." After finishing, I discovered a few things I wanted to change for future tsumtsums and how to make improvements. I mean the little dude still looks really adorable and I'm pretty happy with how he turned out :D

That side profile though
Pictured below, you can see that I just changed yarn colours and so it looks really 'unclean' at the bottom of Donald. This really bothered me. I was also unhappy with the way I embroidered the eyes, but figured with more experience that was something I'd definitely improve on. In addition, I personally thought his body was too long also. Silly me haha


With all that in mind, I was ready to make Daisy! Isn't she just so cute and precious?


This time around, I applied blush which increased its adorableness to level 9000. And I got such amazing and positive feedback on instagram that made me feel all mushy gushy inside haha (But forreals though...) Anywho, if you look closely you can see that this time around for the 'shirt' part it is not crocheted along with the body. I crocheted it separately and then wrapped it around Daisy's body. I really prefer this look a lot more.


Ya. The bottom still looks unclean, but it doesn't bother me as much as Donald's. I can totally live with that.


And I did change the size! (As seen below). I made Daisy a bit smaller and thought this was a great improvement from Donald :D


Now that I got the main structures figured out, the future challenges will be how to crochet certain details of characters. I'm super excited! I wonder how many tsum tsums I'll have by the end of 2015. I also plan on making another Donald sometime... Eventually...

My next post will include Marie and another unannounced tsum tsum which I will post on my instagram this upcoming Friday! As for the post... That'll probably be up sometime during this weekend. :)




3 comments:

  1. How did you crochet Daisy? I'd like to crochet her myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do you have a place where i can download the patterns. I would really like to try them.

    ReplyDelete