DIY: Velvet Crop Top and Skirt


Time for a diy-sewing related post!

Halloween's just around the corner, so I've been thinking about what I wanted to be this year... And once I finally decided, I was determined to find a white dress or something. So I was browsing and didn't find anything that I liked. Then one day I was on American Apparel with a friend and saw the cute velvet top and skirt they had! ...But I wasn't going to spend $40 on the top nor $44 on a skirt, which meant it was time for a diy!



 This past Saturday, I went to my favourite local fabric store and bought 1.5 meters of white velvet. In total, it was about $22. & I spent a dollar on the zipper which I found at walmart.

Then on Sunday, I began working on it, and finished it into the late night (that's just how I get when I start something!) And I've got to say that it turned out so well! I'm so proud of myself :') I even properly made a pattern for the top, which I've never really done before! :D Everything was properly hemmed and what not... But I still honestly hate inserting a zipper. Thankfully I was very patience when it came to that part.


I'm just totally in love right now! Even after Halloween, I'll be incorporating these pieces into my outfits. And for heaven's sake, I saved 73% of what I could have potentially spent at AA. Though, they didn't even offer either the top or skirt in white to begin with haha

I'll make sure to post about my Halloween costume once everything's put together ;) Keep an eye out for that! 



1 comments:

  1. Wow it is so pretty! You should be v proud :)

    ReplyDelete