Kindle Case #1: Rilakkuma

Technically, this is the second case I've made... But whatever, can never have more than one!


I've always loved Rilakkuma and thought it was the most adorable thing I've ever laid eyes on back in elementary school. I got pens, notebooks, mechanical pencils, etc, etc. Even sewed my own Rilakkuma onesie/kigurumi (which you can search up on youtube, cough cough). I currently have a Rilakkuma bear phone charm hanging on my phone... Then the two plushies, pictured above... I think you get the picture.

The more I stared at the plushies sitting on my bed, the more the urge to crochet something Rilakkuma-related built within me... So this past Thursday night, I was watching Now You See Me as I was crocheting this case. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out and argh it's like cuteness overload. I could just eat it. (P.S. I tend to say this about a lot of cute things).

The screen saver was of those wooden alphabet blocks! How fitting
I basically crocheted two rectangular pieces. Then I made the facial details and sewed it onto one of the rectangles. Next, I whip-stitch seamed the bottom and right edges. Finally, I positioned the ears and sewed up the last edge and that was it!

I used the single crochet stitch for everything. Even the eyes are crocheted!

I even crocheted the front and back pieces for the ears! The back is just one single colour
 The back of the case looks really plain and simple... I'm debating whether to add a pompom for a tail or to just leave it. I'm sort of leaning towards leaving it because I'm feeling lazy at the moment haha

3 comments:

  1. i love your videos. can you make a video on how to make a amigurumi totoro ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute and creative! I can't wait to see more posts in the future :) I also can't wait to crochet with you again <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee make a video of how to do this

    ReplyDelete